The CompGeoLab is a research group based at the University of Liverpool's School of Environmental Sciences. We are experts in solving inverse problems in the field of Geophysics. For example, determining the inner density distribution of the Earth from measured disturbances in the Earth's gravity field. These are the main tools used by geoscientists to image the inside of the Earth and other planets.
We also specialize in building open-source scientific software. Our team works on several tools and projects, both developing tools in-house and contributing across the larger scientific ecosystem.
News, updates, job postings, and more:
- Farewell to Aidan, Ali, Daniel, Majed, and Mustafa (2021/10/01)
- PhD studentship at the University of Liverpool (2021/03/24)
- Free online workshop on gravity data processing at Transform 2021 (2021/03/23)
- Farewell to Steven, Charlie, Lottie, and Alex (2020/07/23)
- Free online workshops at Transform 2020 (2020/06/05)