The CompGeoLab is a research group based at the University of Liverpool’s School of Environmental Sciences. We are experts in solving inverse problems in the field of Geophysics. For example, determining the inner density distribution of the Earth from measured disturbances in the Earth’s gravity field. These are the main tools used by geoscientists to image the inside of the Earth and other planets.
We also specialize in building open-source scientific software. Our team works on several tools and projects, both developing tools in-house and contributing across the larger scientific ecosystem.
News, updates, job postings, and more:
- Free online workshop "A geophysical tour of mid-ocean ridges" at Transform 2022 (2022/04/27)
- Royal Society grant to work on magnetic microscopy 🧲🔬 (2022/03/31)
- Congratulations to Dr. Santiago Soler 🥂 (2022/02/14)
- Welcoming our newest lab members in 2021 🎉 (2021/11/01)
- Farewell to Aidan, Ali, Daniel, Majed, and Mustafa (2021/10/01)